Garmin Ghp 12 Autopilot System W/Ghc 20 Helm Control Display
Garmin Ghp 12 With Ghc 20 Helm Control Display
GHP 12 Autopilot System
Auto-guided Navigation for Sailboaters
- Full-featured marine autopilot for 20' to 70' sailboats
- Three linear drives available capable of driving different steering systems
- Supports heading hold, wind hold, step turns, tack/jibe and much more
- Controlled using a GHC helm control unit and is compatible with the GHC remote and quatix
- NMEA 2000® connectivity
The GHP 12 brings Garmins full-featured marine autopilot technology to 20' to 70' sailboats, as well as powerboats with solenoid steering systems, cable-actuated steering systems and third-party hydraulic pumps.
Enjoy Simplified Sailing
Using the GHP 12 sailboat autopilot system is like having an extra set of hands aboard your vessel. When interfaced with Garmin's GWS 10 or compatible wind sensor, GPS and network electronics (all sold separately), the GHP 12 can support heading hold, wind hold, step turns, tack/jibe and much more. This allows you to safely attend to your sails, lines, winches and radios without worry.
For sailboat applications, there are 3 linear drives available from Garmin capable of driving many different steering systems and that fit almost any midsize to large sailboat (depending on the particular installation).
- Class A Drive Unit - For sailboats with up to 28,500lbs of displacement
- Class B Compact Drive Unit - For sailboats with up to 48,400lbs of displacement
- Class B Drive Unit - For larger sailboats with up to 79,000lbs of displacement
Tame Solenoid or Cable-actuated Powerboats
The GHP 12 also can provide powerful autopilot capabilities to powerboats with solenoid-driven and cable-actuated steering systems, as well as those with third-party hydraulic pumps. To equip a GHP 12, your boat must be capable of providing rudder position feedback to the Electronics Control Unit (ECU) - see your authorized dealer to find the right feedback solution for your boat.
Connect to Networked Devices
The GHP 12 is accessed through a GHC helm control unit, which is fully NMEA 2000® certified. In addition to easy installation, NMEA 2000 compatibility allows you to share autopilot heading data with other devices on your network, including Garmin chartplotters that can provide GPS-enabled route guidance. An optional handheld wireless remote control is also available; however, for the highest level of convenience, control the GHC using quatix, the world's first marine GPS navigation watch featuring ANT wireless technology.
GHC 20 Marine Autopilot Control Unit
Take Control of Your Autopilot
- Compatible with legacy Garmin autopilots, as well as, recent Garmin autopilots and can be controlled with quatix
- Large, bright 4" color glass-bonded display with anti-glare finish
- Easy to read from a distance and 170° viewing angle
- Enhanced night time readability with backlight dimmer and full color or red/black or green/black color schemes
- Enhanced daylight readability with high contrast color option
The GHC 20 autopilot helm controller is compatible with recent Garmin autopilots as well as legacy models on both power and sail vessels.
It's large, bright 4" color display is easy to read at a distance and 170° viewing angle. Glass-bonded anti-glare lens prevents fogging and increases contrast. Daylight readability is enhanced with a high contrast color scheme. For enhanced night visibility, you have a choice of red/black, green/black or the normal night mode color scheme along with a dimmer control.
An optional handheld wireless remote control is available; however, for the highest level of convenience, control the GHC 20 using quatix, the world's first marine GPS navigation watch featuring ANT wireless technology. Power is supplied by the NMEA 2000® network. Included are 2 trim snap piece cover options which allow you to match the GHC 20 with the GPSMAP® 500/700 series, GPSMAP 8000 Glass Helm series or legacy Garmin chartplotters.
Manufacturer Part Number: 010-00705-40