Mustang Inflatable Vest Pfd W/Lift Auto Hydrostaticactivation
Mustang Automatic Inflatable W/Lift And InflatorInflatable Vest PFD with LIFT Auto Hydrostatic ActivationUltimate comfort and performanceUltimate comfort and performance.
Incorporating new and improved hydrostatic inflation technology, and a durable and easy-to-use SecureZip PFD closure system, the Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable Vest with LIFT is a lightweight inflatable PFD designed with a shorter length and a low and flexible profile to ensure total mobility during even the most rigorous activities.
Made primarily for performance sailors and power boaters, and security and rescue professionals, the Vest is also an excellent choice for individuals who desire added protection.
Engineered with the revolutionary LIFT PFD design, the Vest delivers a high level of safety for users in variable wind and wave conditions by elevating the mouth out of the water by up to 9 inches (23cm). Known as freeboard, this increase in elevation has been shown to reduce underwater mouth immersions by 80%, increasing the chance of survival in accidental immersion situations.Hydrostatic Technology
Hydrostatic pressure is applied to objects submerged in water. The new hydrostatic inflator needs only to be submerged 4 inches (10 cm) for hydrostatic pressure to open a pressure valve which releases a firing mechanism that automatically inflates the PFD Reliable Inflation
The PFD inflates under hydrostatic pressure and will not inflate prematurely due to rain, humidity or water contact (the PFD can also be inflated by pulling the activation cord).Low Maintenance
No inflator maintenance is required for five years, unless fired.Safety Inspection Window
Easily view the inflator replacement date and inflator status through the safety inspection window - green indicates ready for use.SecureZip closure
Born from our research in military applications, the SecureZip closure system keeps the PFD closed during the most rigorous activity, makes the PFD easy to repack and effortlessly opens upon inflation.Commercial Use
The Inflatable Vest PFD with LIFT Auto Hydrostatic Activation is a USCG Approved Type V PFD for use when worn on uninspected commercial vessels less than 40 ft. in length not carrying passengers for hire as a substitute for a Type II or III PFD when used in accordance with the owner's manual.
Use of the harness (MA1900) is not available with the MD0451.
SIZE UNIVERSAL ADULT (30"-52" CHEST)
AGE OVER 16 YEARS, WEIGHING 36.3 KG (80 LB) AND OVERFeatures:
- 40 lb buoyancy when inflated
- LIFT provides up to 9" of freeboard - the highest elevation out of water ever seen in a PFD - for extra safety in severe weather. This reduces mouth immersions and increases visibility to rescue crews.
- Auto hydrostatic inflator is maintenance free for 5 years unless inflated
- When inflated, LIFT bladder has stabilizing wings on sides and behind the neck to provide support in rough waters
- Safety Inspection Window - window allows user to easily inspect inflator status: green indicates inflator is ready for use
- SecureZIP closure withstands rigorous activity and is easy to repack
- Comfortable neoprene collar
- Mesh back allows for good air flow to keep wearer cool
- Durable 420-Denier nylon
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Backup oral inflation tube
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on badder
Manufacturer Part Number: MD0451