Nobeltec RadarPC MDS-8R - 2kW 20 In. Dome w/ Trident Software
NobelTec MDS-8R 2 kW radars are part of NobelTec's InSight radar range and offer direct Ethernet connection to your computer (no MDS box required).
NobelTec MDS-8 -2kW PC Radar
- 20" Radome
- Ranges from 1/8 to 24NM
- 4.7 ° Horizontal Beam Width
Includes NobelTec's award wining TimeZero Trident Navigation Software ($1,250 Value). Nobeltec’s TimeZero Trident is the most dynamic, cutting-edge PC-based navigation software available. Built on the innovative TimeZero chart engine, Trident offers a completely new, sophisticated user interface designed to be extremely intuitive and easy to use. The chart engine redraws charts seamlessly allowing users to easily zoom, pan, change chart display modes, and perform other chart handling functions without limited range presets.
TimeZero Trident incorporates a whole new dimension into chart presentation with full time 3D chart rendering. Users can choose a 2D top-down view of the navigation chart for a look and feel that duplicates traditional chart plotting presentation. Or, users can choose to pan and zoom the chart to any angle at any range scale instantly. There is no limited “3D mode” because Nobeltec TimeZero Trident operates in a true 3D environment at all times.
Trident uses MapMedia 3D charts and users have the opportunity to choose which data they prefer from multiple chart sources in the MM3D format. The options within the MapMedia data include official S-57 vector and raster charts from hydrographic offices around the world, as well as vector charts from C-MAP by Jeppesen and DataCore by Navionics.
Trident supports Nobeltec InSight radars and the best of class Furuno FAR2XX7 radar making it ideal for light commercial and workboat users who want to optimize radar integration. Trident also integrates with Furuno’s entire DRS radar line (with at least one MFD on the network), the FA30 and FA50 AIS units, DFF1 and DFF3 black box sounders, NavNet3D chart plotters, standard NMEA 0183 navigation sensors, and NMEA 2000 networks.
TimeZero Trident Highlights:
Minimum System Requirements
- TimeZero Chart Engine
- Includes free NOAA raster, vector and 3D charts for US waters(*).
- Free high resolution satellite photos for the US. are available.
- Supports multiple types of charts:
- MM3D raster charts from local hydrographic offices
- Official S-57 vector charts in MM3D from select hydrographic offices
- MM3D C-Map by Jeppesen vector charts
- MM3D DataCore by Navionics vector charts
- Selected Furuno Radar, MFD, and Sounder integration (NavNet 3D, FAR 2XX7 and Ethernet Sounders)
- Nobeltec InSight (Ethernet) Radar integration
- No Dongle needed to secure the software or the charts
- higher system requirements may be appropriate if multiple advanced features are used concurrently:
Radar Technical Specifications
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32 and 64 bit), Vista™ SP1, XP Home/Professional SP3
- CPU: 2 GHz Intel Core2Duo highly recommended
- 2GB: of RAM (4GB recommended)
- Video board: Minimum - Dedicated video board (ATI or NVIDIA) with 256MB VRAM or selected Integrated Intel Chipset (*). Recommended - Dedicated video board (ATI or NVIDIA) with 512MB VRAM
- Screen Resolution: 1024x600 or higher
- DVD reader
- Hard disk: 20GB of free memory
- USB or serial for connecting instruments
- Network adapter:100 Base-T for InSight Radar, NavNet 3D, or Furuno 2XX7 Series Radar connection
- Internet Connection for initial installation and setup highly recommended