Maxwell Hrc10 Horizontal Rope Chain Windlass - 12v Capstan 3/8" Chain," Rope
Free Ground Shipping*
Maxwell Hrc10 Horizontal Rope Chain Windlass 12v Capstan
HRC10 Horizontal Rope Chain Windlass - 12V Capstan 3/8" Chain, 5/8" Rope
Maxwell's HRC10 represents yet another breakthrough in performance and anchor handling excellence. The horizontal, fully automatic rope/chain windlasses has been designed to meet the demands for use on larger vessels up to 16 meters (52'), which require a completely above deck installation system.
The HRC10 handles 5/8" rope and 3/8" chain, including the thick rope to chain splice. The modern appearance of the HRC10 retains the classic good looks of previous Maxwell horizontal windlasses, while incorporating design features years ahead of its competitors.
The HRC10 windlass is fitted with Maxwell's unique Wave Design chainwheel. The rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.
As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope. Not only does this Wave Design hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.
- Aesthetically pleasing above deck design, evolved from the philosophy of form follows function, encapsulates the motor and drive in a two part watertight case, saving space below deck
- 2-part case consists of a die cast, marine-grade hard anodised alloy front section and a rugged and easily removable composite motor cover aft section
- 2-piece watertight case allows for quick and easy, on-deck, routine maintenance
- Simple "bolt down" installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up
- Stainless steel pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure on the rode (rope, splice or chain)
- Wave Design chainwheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences, within the specified chain size diameters, suitable for use with the HRC10
- Unique Maxwell "wrap around" horizontal chainwheel ensures that more than 90° of the wheel is used, allowing greatly improved rope and chain handling compared with competitor designs
- Works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire the added security and holding power of an all-chain anchor system
- The integral chain pipe and huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, "free fall" anchoring and emergency crank recovery of the rode and anchor if required
- The sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel
Manufacturer Part Number: HRC101012V
|Special Shipping Message||Free Ground Shipping*|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||HRC101012V|
|Item Returns||This item can be returned|
Hodges Marine accepts returns for up to thirty (30) days after shipment. Our return policy does not apply to the following goods: Open software, mapping/chart data cards, international orders, freight truck only items, and special order items. These items are not eligible for return, refund or exchange. Shipping charges (if any) are non-refundable. If your return is accepted by Us, We will provide one of the following within a reasonable time: an exchange of merchandise for the item returned, a non-transferable merchandise credit, a credit to the payment card or original method of payment used to pay for the item, a check, or another remedy that we determine in good faith is appropriate in the circumstances. Customer must request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) through the product returns link on our website or by emailing us at [email protected] A RMA number will be issued with instructions for returning the package within a reasonable time (normally 1-3 business days).