Newmar Dba Digital Battery Analyzer
The new Digital Battery Analyzer (model DBA) is an essential tool for all DC system installers, technicians and battery dealers . Simple to use, it performs a complete analysis of battery condition in mere seconds, then displays conclusive data on a large clear LCD readout.
The DBA analyzes 12 and 6 volt lead-acid batteries of all types with ratings from 100-1400 CCA. It provides information on battery voltage, battery condition and available battery power. This gives you empirical data to assure your customers that their batteries are fine, or to support your recommendation that they be replaced.
As long as no load is applied, it is not necessary to disconnect the batteries to perform the test. When analyzing 24 or 48 volt battery systems, there is no need to disconnect the 12 volt batteries within the string to test them individually. Automatic state-of-charge compensation enables accurate analysis of batteries, even when they are discharged as low as 5.5 volts, avoiding time-consuming recharge prior to testing.
The DBA utilizes a sophisticated test algorithm that measures battery cell conductance, which is affected by sulfation or loss of active material. This test has proven to be an accurate indicator of cranking ability, standby energy capacity and general state of health, regardless of state of charge. The test produces no heat, is completely harmless to the battery cells and causes no significant discharge.
The unit is housed in rugged ABS plastic, yet is light-weight and compact for use in cramped battery compartments and portability in tool kits. It comes equipped with 32" polarity color-coded test leads and quick-connect clamps. The DBA even indicates whether the clamps have proper contact with battery posts.
No internal battery nor external AC power source is required. Clear and concise operating instructions are provided.
- Analyzes 12 volt and 6 volt lead-acid batteries of all types: flooded, gel-cell or AGM; deep-cycle or gen/engine start
- Simple three step test procedure provides a comprehensive analysis of batteries in seconds.
- No need to recharge batteries prior to testing ; accurate results for batteries in any state of charge down to 5.5 volts
- Uses sophisticated conductance technology; will not harm or discharge batteries
- Rugged, compact, light-weight case; easy to use even in hard-to-access battery compartments
- Temperature compensation setting when testing batteries below 32øF (0øC)
Manufacturer Part Number: DBA