Furuno Bbds1 Black Box Sounder Module
Free Two Day Shipping*
Furuno Bbds1 Black Box Sounder ModuleFuruno BBDS1 Network Fishfinder
The BBDS1 is a network fish finder for NavNet 3D and NavNet TZtouch that features an updated bottom discrimination function, as well as the FDF (Furuno Digital Filter) capability of the DFF1. The BBDS1 determines the bottom structure and separates them into the following categories: mud, sand, gravel, and rock. This is achieved by analyzing echo characteristics from the bottom components such as particle size and hardness.
Connect the BBDS1 to your NavNet 3D or NavNet TZtouch network and get ready for your NavNet system to provide you with valuable information to locate rich fishing grounds, boosting your catch.
There are two bottom discrimination display modes to select from, Standard Mode and Probability Mode. In Standard Mode, the most probable materials on the bottom (mud, sand, gravel or rock) are indicated in either graphic mode or a 4-color bar on the bottom of the display.
Because bottom material can change frequently and can sometimes be difficult to identify, Probability Mode shows you what material the bottom has the greatest chance of consisting of by displaying the possible bottom materials proportionally within the 4-color bar.
- Frequency: 50/200 kHz alternately transmitted
- Output Power: 600 W/1 kW
- Power Supply: 12-24 VDC: 1.1-0.4 A (in output power of 1 kW)
- Temperature : -15° to +55° C (in operation)
- Relative Humidity: 93% at 40°C
- Waterproofing: IP20 (not waterproofed)
Required Conditions for Bottom Discrimination
- Detection Range: 5-100M
- Boat Speed: 0-10 kn
- Transducer mounting: Thru-hull or transom mount only
- MFD8/12/BB software: v2.06 or later
- The result shown by this function may sometimes be different from the actual bottom components.
- For best performance, do not use in-hull mounted transducers with the BBDS1.
- The BBDS1 may show an incorrect ground discrimination result, especially when there is a big fish school right under the boat. This is because enough echoes may not be received from the bottom.
- Materials such as shell, coral, or a sunken ship are indicated as the most similar material from the four bottom categories:mud, sand, gravel, or rock, according to reflected echoes.
- Auto mode is automatically activated when the bottom discrimination function is turned on. (Manual mode is not selectable.)
- The BBDS1 is not compatible with NavNet 1 or NavNet vx2.
- Appropriate Furuno Transducer recommended for best results
Bottom Discrimination Transducers below:
CA50/200-12MThis product may not be returned to the original point of purchase. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any issues or concerns.
Manufacturer Part Number: BBDS1
|Special Shipping Message||Free Two Day Shipping*|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||BBDS1|
Hodges Marine accepts returns for up to thirty (30) days after shipment. Our return policy does not apply to the following goods: Open software, mapping/chart data cards, international orders, freight truck only items, and special order items. These items are not eligible for return, refund or exchange. Shipping charges (if any) are non-refundable. If your return is accepted by Us, We will provide one of the following within a reasonable time: an exchange of merchandise for the item returned, a non-transferable merchandise credit, a credit to the payment card or original method of payment used to pay for the item, a check, or another remedy that we determine in good faith is appropriate in the circumstances. Customer must request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) through the product returns link on our website or by emailing us at [email protected] A RMA number will be issued with instructions for returning the package within a reasonable time (normally 1-3 business days).